We are extremely proud to announce that our cattery is open as of 8 April 2019.
Our goal has always been to provide professional, safe and loving care for the doggos in the family – now extended to the velvet-pawed members as well!
Our traditional aviary-style cattery has 8 regular units (suitable for 1-3 cats) and 1 large family unit (suitable for a very spoiled single cat, or up to 5 cats). Cats not from the same family do not share with other cats (ever!) – and we cater for a maximum of 20 cats in our cattery.
We walked our farm from top to toe identifying the most suitable site. The cattery is separate from the dog area and barely within earshot of the dogs, screened on one side by seasonal trees that attract loads of birdlife, and set well back from our driveway to minimise dust and mitigate any fear relating to the dogs. It is incredibly quiet and peaceful.
We have a way to go to make it as beautiful as we intend to and it’s not as pretty as some of the well-established catteries, but we’ll slowly catch that monkey and folks can expect to see ongoing development and improvement as we go along. We have big plans!
Our cattery is managed and operated by Shayne Suttie – a cat Yoda! Shayne is a lifelong cat owner, and managed one of the highest volume shelter catteries in Gauteng for a number of years. She is also doing some studies to validate what she knows and feels into a certified qualification. We are extremely proud to have Shayne on board!
Our overnight boarding rates include:
- Daily feeding (please see note about food below)
- Affection, playtime and love
- A daily brush if the cat will allow/enjoy it
- Daily health checks
- A fresh bag of litter for every new cat
- Healthy treats
- Daily probiotics
Rates (opening special valid for stays 8 April to 31 May 2019)
All rates are per day or part thereof
Single cat: R125.00 per cat
Pair of cats: R180.00 per pair
Trio of cats: R250.00 per trio
Family unit: R600.00 per day, maximum of 5 cats
There is a non-refundable booking initiation fee of R100.00 for each booking.
Terms & Conditions
Our main requirements:
- All cats over the age of 4 months/maximum 20 weeks must be sterilised
- All cats must be up to date with their vaccinations as per the manufacturers recommendations
- All cats must have had a tick and flea preventative as well as dewormer no more than 7 days prior to arrival at Farm Girls
- Please declare if you are aware that your cat is +ve for FIV/FeLV
- We are happy to accept cats that require oral/injectable medication – please give us a bit more info about your cat when you do your enquiry
- We recommend that owners provide a Tupperware of their kitteh’s chosen food, though we are able to provide either Montego Classic Cat (economy brand) or Acana (premium brand), at an additional charge
- We offer boarding 24/7/365, however, we are closed on Sundays and Public Holidays
You may transport your cat/s yourself, or, we offer safe and reliable one-way and return transport, too, and if your crate/carrier isn’t airline approved (and therefore isn’t 100% safe), you can rent one from us.
For more information, please contact us via our dedicated cattery contact details:
Tel: 072 834 2994
(should you struggle to get through to the 072 number, please call Robyn on 083 212 1823)