Our traditional aviary-style cattery has 10 spacious cabanas (suitable for 1-3 cats). Cats not from the same family do not share with other cats (ever!) – and we cater for a maximum of 20 cats in our cattery.
The cattery is completely separate from the dog area and barely within earshot, screened on one side by seasonal trees that attract loads of birdlife, and set well back from our driveway to minimise dust and mitigate any fear relating to the dogs.
Our resident cattery family of Silkie chickens adds to the vibe, and the cats spend a lot of time watching the pigs in their enclosure next door. It is so incredibly quiet and peaceful.
Our cattery units are 150% secure, with multiple levels and platforms. The cabanas are completely insulated and lots of fun. We provide all sorts of toys and enrichment and we shamelessly pander to the needs of each individual cat.
The site of our cattery is only a year old, and beautification is an ongoing exercise.
The Farm Girls policy on communal/shared activity areas:
All cats used to doing their business outdoors will immediately do their business in an activity area, and the rapid rotation required to have all boarded cats enjoying the communal area means that the pathogens can never be contained.
The dread diseases in cats (Feline Leukemia – FeLV, Feline Infectious Peritonitis – FIP and Feline Aids – FiV) are transmitted via body secretions such as saliva, nasal expressions and faeces and some diseases can live in the environment for several weeks.
Furthermore, the masking of the odour of cats eliminating in the area requires extensive use of fragrances, some of which can be toxic and even fatal for cats.
As such we do not provide any communal areas (“activity gardens”) for cats and all cabanas are meticulously cleaned with veterinary disinfectant between visitors.
Our overnight boarding rates include:
- Feeding twice per day (please see note about food below)
- Affection, playtime and love
- A daily brush if the cat will allow/enjoy it
- Daily health checks
- Daily feedback
- Fresh cat litter for every cat
- Healthy treats
- Daily probiotics
These rates are valid until 29 February 2022.
All rates are per day or part thereof
Single cat: R180.00 per cat
Pair of cats: R220.00 per pair (sharing)
Trio of cats: R300.00 per trio (sharing)
Please let us know if you have more than three cats, or if you would like to book a long stay (30 days minimum) and we will provide you with a customised quote. If your cats are coming in with your dogs, a family discount will apply; naturally they are not accommodated together in the same space!
Terms & Conditions
Our main requirements:
- All cats over the age of 4 months/maximum 20 weeks must be sterilised
- All cats must be up to date with their vaccinations as per the manufacturers recommendations
- All cats must have had a tick and flea preventative as well as dewormer no more than 7 days prior to arrival at Farm Girls
- Please declare if you are aware that your cat is positive for FIV/FeLV
- We are happy to accept cats that require oral/injectable medication – please give us a bit more info about your cat when you do your enquiry
- We recommend that owners provide a Tupperware of their kitteh’s chosen food, though we are able to provide either Montego Classic Cat (economy brand) or Royal Canin (premium brand), at an additional charge
- We offer boarding 24/7/365, however, we are closed on Sundays and Public Holidays
You may transport your cat/s yourself, or, we offer safe and reliable one-way and return transport, too, and if your crate/carrier isn’t airline approved (and therefore isn’t 100% safe), you can rent one from us.
For more information, please contact us on 073 446 1030 or 083 212 1823 or email email@example.com
If you would simply like to enquire about availability, please pop us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org.