Activities include running, playing, swimming and various other forms of hooliganism. But our emphasis is on socialising in an appropriate manner with other dogs, cats and livestock species, and basic good manners. The Farm Girls dogs learn to “dog”!
People choose Farm Girls for many reasons. Our clear love and affection for our dogs (both our own and our visiting dogs) is always top of the list. But that’s not the only reason. Doggy daycare is about so much more than leaving your dogs in the care of someone else for the day. There are numerous benefits that come from the exposure dogs get at daycare. Here are a few examples:
● Contributes to Better Behaved Pets – Dogs respond to different situations based on their overall training and socialisation (habituation). Being in a well-run, experienced daycare facility can train your dog to recognise behaviour patterns in other dogs and even humans, and adapt their own behaviour accordingly.
● Improved Fitness for Your Dog – All dogs need regular physical activity. Obesity in pets is a major concern and can significantly reduce the life span of your dog. Supervised daycare play provides the physical activity dogs need, at their own pace.
● Provides Structure – Being in our daycare can help your dog with destructive behaviors that they may exhibit at home. Just like children, dogs learn from others and will adapt well to routines and schedules. It’s easy to hype a dog up but a lot of dogs struggle to relax. A big part of daycare is down time – learning to relax with others. Our resident dogs are excellent role-models!
The earlier a dog starts daycare, the better for the dog long term. However, even older dogs love attending daycare!
Our dogs are separated according to size and sometimes play style – small dogs from big dogs at the least – however all of the dogs have supervised interactions with all different sizes and natures of dogs and our mandate is to prepare all dogs for real life as best we can in your absence.
Our rates are highly competitive. We are committed to giving you the best at an affordable rate. Get in touch with us and see just how easy it is for us to meet your daycare needs, without putting a hole in your pocket.
- Our daycare transport service operates in Dainfern, Chartwell, Beverly, Kengies, Fourways Gardens, Helderfontein, Broadacres, Craigavon, Pineslopes, Magaliessig, Jukskei Park, Waterford Estate and Douglasdale. Please contact us should you be unsure of whether we can provide transport for your area
- We also have an option for folks to drop off and collect their dogs themselves
- All dogs must attend a minimum of twice a week
- We operate on a contract basis; an ad-hoc rate is also available
- It is assumed that all dogs are used to at a minimum walking on leash in the vicinity of other dogs (see below)
- Dogs known to be aggressive (physically drawing blood on other dogs) are not permitted at daycare
- Shy and nervous dogs are accommodated and will be eased into the programme
- All dogs over the age of 7 months must be sterilised – no exceptions
- Enrolment includes a booking form, indemnity and T’s and C’s
- We do not accept bull breeds or crosses (Pitbulls, Bull Terriers, Staffies, Cane Corso etc.) nor Boerboels
- Daycare is payable in advance for the month – choose from our ad-hoc rate or one of our contracts
- Additional services are available at an additional cost: basic grooming, swimming lessons (November to February), obedience training and more – our contracts have certain inclusions for nada
- We keep you informed about your dog via our handy app (iPhone and Android accessible)
- Should you wish to do a trial day before committing to the service we are happy to do so in line with our availability – we require two consecutive trial days to be booked (R300.00 per large dog, R200.00 per small dog) for us all to get a good idea of how your dog/s will enjoy daycare
- We reserve the right of admission for both daycare and boarding.